Oral health is really important for your overall health. With that, you want to be sure your oral care routine is helping your oral health versus hurting it. Over-brushing, over-flossing, or even using too much teeth whitener can be problematic for your tooth enamel. Mouthwash every day is also a great addition to your oral care routine. If used daily, it is a great way to freshen your breath and kill any harmful bacteria left over after flossing and brushing.
To get in touch with a top Hollywood dentist, look no further than GLO Modern Dental!
How to Effectively Use Mouthwash Every Day
Mouthwash has changed over the last few decades. While it was once more of a breath freshener, it can do much more now. If used properly, mouthwash can benefit your oral care routine immensely.
Below you will find some tips on how to incorporate mouthwash every day into your oral care routine.
Brush and Floss
Before using mouthwash every day, be sure to brush and floss your teeth. If you are brushing with fluoride toothpaste, wait a few minutes before using mouthwash so you don’t wash away any of the fluoride.
Rinse and Spit
Rinse with enough mouthwash so you can swish it around. You can use the instructions on the cup or use at least 3-5 teaspoons of liquid. Swish and gargle for roughly 30 seconds for the full effect. Spit out the mouthwash after the 30 seconds.
To prevent gum disease and tooth decay, find a mouthwash with fluoride. It has been shown to help rebuild weakened tooth enamel, slow down the loss of minerals in tooth enamel, reverse the early signs of tooth decay, and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
Benefits of Mouth Wash
Research has shown that mouthwash helps prevent plaque and gingivitis. Again, the caveat to the great benefits of mouthwash is that you have to use it in conjunction with a good daily oral care routine that includes regular brushing and flossing. In addition, studies have also shown that mouthwash with fluoride has brought down the number of cavities in children by more than fifty percent in the last few decades.
It’s important to remember that mouthwash every day should not replace your brushing and flossing routine. You still need to brush at least twice daily and floss at least once daily. For optimal oral health, the following routine below should help keep your mouth healthy. These include daily oral care routine habits and should not replace a trip to the dentist for your regular visits at least every six months, or more frequent depending on the dentist’s recommendations.
- Brush: Brush at least twice daily, especially right before bed. Remember to brush your entire mouth, including your gums and tongue. Try brushing for at least one to two minutes in a circular motion.
- Floss: Floss at least once daily.
- Mouthwash: Use mouthwash every day after you brush and floss your teeth.
- Water: Keep your water intake high. This is not only good for your overall health, but also helps keep your mouth clean. Frequent fluid intake can help flush leftover food out of the hard to reach places in your teeth.
- Eat Healthy: Foods like veggies can help keep your mouth clean as they are a “natural” floss. This is not to be a substitute for flossing. In addition, stay away from super sugary or acidic foods. This can cause issues with your enamel and can lead to cavities.
Dentists in Hollywood
Glo Modern Dentistry is the number one rated cosmetic dentist office in Hollywood. Dr. Rhonda Kalasho is one of the most trusted and highly reputable dentists in the area. She has been trained at one of the nation’s top universities, UCLA. If you need a cleaning or have any dental questions, contact Dr. Rhonda Kalasho and her team at Glo Modern Dentistry today!